If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cake comes together so quickly and uses very few dishes along the way! Yay! It's also extremely versatile-- swap out oil, citrus, herbs, etc for whatever you have on hand and make it your own! —Molly Damon
- 1 cup Yogurt (I used 0% fage greek)
- 1/3 cup Light tasting extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- Zest 3 limes, divided
- 1/4 cup Lime juice (about 2-3limes)
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- Pinch Salt
- 2 tablespoons Fresh mint, finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9in springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, oil, eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, lime juice and the zest of 1 lime. Add flour and fold until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into the springform and place pan on a baking sheet. Bake in the center of the oven for approx 45 min or until a wooden skewer comes out clean
- While the cake cooks, toss together remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 2 Tbls each lime zest and chopped mint. Do not add coconut yet, as it will get soggy.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and cool slightly before removing spring.
- Add 1/2 cup coconut to your sugar/lime/mint mixture and generously top you cake before slicing and serving