If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Carrot Bread recipe is the best. And, by the best, we mean that not only is it super easy to make and delicious to eat, but it also gives us permission to devour scrumptious, moist carrot bread (really, cake) drizzled with cream cheese glaze (really, icing) for breakfast! —bitememore
Moist Carrot Bread
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely grated carrots
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, draping it over the edges to cover the sides. Lightly coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, sugar, brown sugar, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract. Gently stir in grated carrots and flour mixture, just until blended. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 65-70 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- For the glaze, using an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, icing sugar, milk and vanilla extract until smooth. Drizzle over cooled carrot bread.