If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe and these grilling techniques will serve you well all summer long. I often make lamb burgers for easy entertaining. They’re tasty, casual, fun and offer a little twist to a normal burger dinner. —eat-drink-garden
Makes 6 burgers
pounds ground lamb
beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
pieces Bibb lettuce
Kosher salt & Pepper to taste
- Form the lamb patties~ When it comes to meat — I don’t mess around. Make three burgers out of each pound of ground meat. It might seem like a lot, but the burgers do shrink while you cook ‘em.
- Salt & Pepper the patties
- On your grill, turn two burners on high.
- Put the patty on one of the hot burners and sear it a few minutes.
- Flip the patty over to the other burner, immediately turn that burner off (the one that you flipped it to) and close the lid.
- Continue to cook for a few minutes with the lid closed.
- Leaving the first burner on allows the heat to sear the patty and keep the center pink.
- While your burgers are cooking, cut the top third off each pita and open it to create a pocket. Slide it in your toaster and toast. This makes the outside crunchy but the inside soft.
- Prepare a plate of tomatoes, lettuce and avocado for toppings.
- Spread each pita with mayonnaise and dijon.
- Place patties in grilled pita and stuff with toppings.