If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My very favorite elaborate baked pasta dish is Pastitsio, kind of a Greek version of lasagne. When I saw this burger contest posted, I thought those flavors would make a great burger. —ChefJune
Makes 5 burgers
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound 85% lean ground beef
- 1 pound lean ground lamb
- fine salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Kefalotiri cheese to melt on top if you like
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a small skillet and add the olive oil. Sauté the onion and garlic until they are soft and fragrant. Remove from heat and cool.
- Using your hands, mix the meat, vegetables and seasoning together. Divide the mixture into five patties.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or other heavy sauté pan. When it’s very hot, put the butter in the pan to keep the burgers from sticking. Sear the burgers on both sides, and put into the preheated oven to finish cooking -- for about 8 minutes.
- Let the burgers rest for about 5 minutes before serving on toasted buns.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe