My very favorite elaborate baked pasta dish is Pastitsio, kind of a Greek version of lasagne. When I saw this burger contest posted, I thought those flavors would make a great burger. —ChefJune
- Makes 5 burgers
small onion, finely chopped
cloves garlic, finely chopped
85% lean ground beef
lean ground lamb
fine salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Kefalotiri cheese to melt on top if you like
In This Recipe
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a small skillet and add the olive oil. Sauté the onion and garlic until they are soft and fragrant. Remove from heat and cool.
- Using your hands, mix the meat, vegetables and seasoning together. Divide the mixture into five patties.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or other heavy sauté pan. When it’s very hot, put the butter in the pan to keep the burgers from sticking. Sear the burgers on both sides, and put into the preheated oven to finish cooking -- for about 8 minutes.
- Let the burgers rest for about 5 minutes before serving on toasted buns.