If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These light and fluffy marshmallows are like nothing you've ever tasted! —Primal Palate
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Starch, sifted
- 1 tablespoon Powdered sugar, sifted
- 2.5 tablespoons Beef Gelatin
- 1 cup Watered (half a cup at room temperature, half cold)
- 1 cup Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Maple Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- Dust an 8x8 inch no-bake collapsible pan with the tapioca and powdered sugar, so that the marshmallow does not stick to the pan.
- Pour the gelatin into the bottom of the bowl of a standing kitchen mixer.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, add the half cup of room temperature water, the maple syrup, and the maple sugar. Stir to combine, and place a candy thermometer into the pot. Heat over medium to medium-high heat.
- Allow the sugar to cook until the temperature reaches around 240 degrees, being careful that the sugar does not bubble over the sides of the pot.
- While the sugar is cooking, pour the half cup of cold water into the kitchen mixer to bloom the gelatin.
- Once the sugar has come to temperature, carefully pour the hot sugar into the kitchen mixer, over the gelatin.
- Attach the bowl to the mixer, as well as the whisk attachment, and start whipping the sugar and gelatin over medium speed.
- After about 30 seconds, turn the mixer up to full speed, to whip the marshmallow.
- Once the marshmallow starts to turn lighter in color, and thicken slightly, turn the speed back down to medium to add the vanilla extract.
- Turn the mixer back up to full speed, and continue to whip until small peaks form. This can take anywhere from 3 to 6 minutes depending on the type of kitchen mixer you are using.
- Once the marshmallow is white in color, thick, and fluffy, with the small peaks, you can now transfer the marshmallow to the pan to set.
- Carefully pour the marshmallow into the pan, smoothing out the top, and allow to set for 2 hours.
- Dust the top of the marshmallows with the tapioca and sugar mixture, and release the sides of the collapsible pan to slice your marshmallows.