If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Worth the mess! Dry aged beef, pan fried in bacon drippings, truffle salt, bacon, duck egg, avocado, heirloom tomato and pickle. —Sue O'Bryan
- 1 pound ground dry aged, grass fed beef
- 1 teaspoon black truffle salt
- 4 slices bacon from pastured pork
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 duck eggs
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- handful dill pickle slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 brioche hamburger buns, buttered (1 Tbps butter) and toasted
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- Form 2 1/2 inch thick patties with beef, using a light touch. Make a small dimple in the center of the patties. Sprinkle with truffle salt on both sides.
- Cook bacon in cast iron skillet until medium crisp. Remove bacon and reserve 2 Tbsp. bacon drippings.
- Heat bacon drippings over high heat. Cook patties over high heat, not moving, for 2 minutes. Flip and cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes, without moving or smashing down with a spatula. Leave in pan, off heat, covered, while you fry duck eggs.
- Over high heat, fry duck eggs in 2 Tbps butter
- Assemble burgers: On bottom of bun place a handful of pickles. Place patty on top of pickles, followed by bacon, avocado, fried egg and tomato. Place top bun on top and dig in!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe