If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Homemade quick garlic buns, crispy oregano & pepper patty and a delicious topping -or bottom- onions sauteed in barbecue sauce. Enjoy! —Maria Herrera
For the super quick garlic buns:
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- -Preheat oven to 175C. Grease baking tray.
- -Combine dry ingredients.
- -Cut in the butter and mix with fingertips, until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- -Add garlic, and milk, half cup at a time, stir with a wooden paddle in circles from middle to the sides.
- -With floured hands and a lightly floured surface, knead dough for a minute or two, until soft.
- -Roll into a ball, and cut (without twisting the dough) into 4. Shape your bunsinto a smooth ball and lightly pat the tops.
- -At this point, you can garnish your buns by painting them with a beaten egg yolk and sesame seeds, paint them with butter or simply cover them with a little flour.
- -Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
The crispy patties/ The barbecued onion
- 250 grams ground meat
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coarse to fine fresh bread crumbs (can be replaced by plain flour)
- 1-2 teaspoons dried oregano
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- greek yogurt or mayonnaise
- -Place the meat, egg, breadcrumbs and oregano in a mixing bowl.
- -Season with salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until evenly combined.
- -Divide the mixture into 4 balls. Shape into patties, then depress the center of the patty with your fingers (to avoid cracks when cooked).
- -Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook each side of the patties for 3-4 minutes or until brown. Set aside.
- -Mix the tomato sauce, mustard, vinegar, and sugar until an even sauce.
- -Heat olive oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat, add the sliced onion and stir until they begin to change color.
- -Add the sauce, and let cook for 1 or 2 minutes. Set aside.
- - It's finally time to halve your buns, rub them with greek yogurt or mayo, place the crispy patty, tomato slices, lettuce leave and top with bbq sauteed onions. Superb!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe