If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A decadent chocolate indulgence that is delicious just on it's own or added to a dessert parfait.
—The Weiser Kitchen
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 108 grams egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a 4 quart sauce pan over medium heat whisk the heavy cream, ¼ cup sugar and vanilla bean paste to combine and bring to a simmer. Place the egg yolks, ¼ cup sugar, cornstarch and cocoa powder in a large heatproof bowl and whisk to incorporate.
- Add the chocolate chips to the cream and cook over medium heat until the chocolate has completely melted, whisking frequently to prevent scorching on the bottom. As soon as the chocolate has melted, slowly pour into the egg yolks, whisking constantly to incorporate and prevent the egg yolks from scrambling. Pour the custard back into the pot. Cook over medium heat until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Remove pan from the heat and gently stir in the butter. Place the pudding in a large glass bowl or 8 ramekins and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight. Serve cold with freshly whipped cream. Pudding will keep for up to to 4 days stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.