Author Notes: Iced tea lemonade with a hint of mint and crushed blackberries, a refreshing drink for a hot summer day. —Andrea Giang
packets green tea
tablespoons sugar, more to taste
- In a small pot, heat water, and add tea bags. Allow the tea to sit for about 5 minutes, or until the tea is to your liking. Remove the tea bags. Set the tea aside for now to cool.
- In a medium to large container, squeeze two lemons or until you have about ½ cup of lemon juice. Stir in sugar or choice of sweetener. Add more to taste if desired.
- Pour the tea into the lemonade container, and stir to evenly mix the two drinks. Add in the mint leaves.
- In a small bowl, mash the blackberries. Then add the mashed blackberries into the iced tea lemonade.
- Allow the iced tea lemonade to chill, and for the flavors to enhance, for about a half hour.
- When ready to serve, divide the iced tea lemonade into two glasses. Add several ice cubes and more mint leaves if desired.
- Serve the drinks cold.