If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: from by chef buddy - Gino
a quick and easy Adobo seasoning .... —Jen Smallwood
Serves about 4 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Butter Buds Sprinkles
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Combine all ingredients. Place in an air tight container. Store up to 3 months.
- **Note** (uses for this spice) Adobo Lime Chicken Squeeze juice of 1 lime over 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of spice blend on both sides of chicken; gently rub into surface. Cover and marinate for several hours. Grill or sauté in skillet. Marinated Mexican Beef Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of spice blend with 1 cup tomato juice. Pour over 1 pound flank steak, skirt steak or thinly sliced top round in zipper-seal bag; seal bag tightly and marinate for several hours in the refrigerator. Grill or broil medium-rare to medium. Adobo Salsa Combine 2 cups chopped tomato, 2 tablespoons each minced fresh cilantro and onion, 2 to 3 teaspoons of spice blend, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and hot pepper sauce. Mix well and serve with tortilla chips
More Great Recipes: