If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I got this recipe from Litsa. —elena antoniou
for the cake.
- 3,1/2 cups semolina
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 can 7 up,or sprite, or bitter lemon.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil. (except olive oil)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup almond, crushed into small pieces
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chios mastiha (crushed)
for the syrup.
- 1,1/2 cups sugar
- 1,1/2 cups water
- Turn on oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Oil a square baking dish. 25x25 cm.
- Put all the ingredients for the cake in a large bowl, and stir so that everything mixes well.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until golden.
- In the meantime make the syrup,by boiling the water and sugar for 5 minutes. Stir so that the sugar does not stick at the bottom of the pan. Cool.
- After you take the cake out of the oven, immediately pour the syrup on top, and let it soak. it will take some time.
- When cooled, cut it into squares. It can be served with vanilla ice cream.
More Great Recipes: