If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Packed full of nutrient dense ingredients, these easy to make energy bars will supply you with all you need for sports training or a snack when you need a boost during the day. —Annalisa @ Joy of Yum
Makes 12 bars
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 cup pitted dates, packed
- 2 vanilla beans, scrape out the seeds
- 1/2 cup cocao nibs
- 1 tablespoon dried orange peel or zest of 1 orange
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes or desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup walnuts, soaked
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, soaked
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, soaked
- Grind the goji berries in a good blender until they are a sticky kind of powder. Take care not to over blend the goji berries or they become too sticky and compacted. Place the ground gojis into the bowl of a food processor.
- If you are using dried orange peel grind it to a fine powder and add to the food processor.
- Add all the other ingredients to the food processor. Pulse and blend until everything is chopped well and all the ingredients are incorporated. If you would like some of the nuts and seeds to be less coursely ground reserve a few and add them towards the end of the processing.
- Tip the mixture on to a clean surface and using your hands press the mix together to form a rectangle about 1 inch thick. Cut into slices and wrap individually.
- To keep the energy bars fresh, store in the fridge. They can also be kept in the freezer for long term storage.