If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crab and Avocado Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Lime Vinaigrette are a refreshing light meal for hot summer days. To make these wraps we paired the sweet flavor of jumbo lump crab with creamy avocado, some stunning watermelon radishes, cucumber, and a sweet and spicy lime vinaigrette. Bibb lettuce, fresh from the market, was a neat way of holding this vibrant and healthy crab and avocado salad together. —thehungryhounds
Spicy Lime Vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced cilantro
Crab and Avocado Salad
- 3 tablespoons watermelon radish, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, washed, unpeeled, finely chopped
- 1 pound cooked jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 small head Bibb lettuce, washed
- 1. Whisk together ingredients in vinaigrette; lime, ancho, salt, honey, olive oil and cilantro.
- 2. Gently combine salad ingredients; radishes, avocado, cucumber, and crab meat. Carefully stir together until vinaigrette coats all salad ingredients.
- 3. Scoop salad into individual Bibb lettuce leaves and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados