If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A spicy shrimp salad offset with cool creamy avocado. —Kshannon5
- 1 cup Mayonnaise (no Miracle Whip!)
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, cut in small dice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon White Wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice (fresh squeezed if you have it)
- A few splashes Tabasco, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Sweet paprika
- 2-3 tablespoons Horseradish, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced (1 tsp dried if in a pinch)
- 1-1.5 pounds Cooked salad shrimp (or larger), deveined
- 2 Avocadoes, cut in half and pitted
- Mix first ten ingredients together. Add sauce to shrimp until covered, adding as necessary. (You want it a little extra saucy).
- Cover and chill until needed (can be made one day ahead).
- When ready to serve, take shrimp from fridge while preparing avocadoes.
- Cut avocadoes in half and remove pit. Lay one avocado half on plate, and spoon shrimp mixture into the hole.
- Serve with any extra shrimp to pass if people want to top off their avocadoes as they spoon their way through them!
More Great Recipes: Salads