If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A new spin on the classic - great for a crowd and healthy snack! This is a very versatile recipe that my roommate and I make for all get-togethers - we use whatever spices on hand and always try new things. I have also used sriracha instead of jalapeno which is very good, too! This is also great spread on multigrain toast, topped with a fried egg, fresh spinach, and hot sauce for breakfast. —Ariel Weisman
Makes ~1.5 cups
- 15 ounces can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil (more or less can be used depending on your preference)
- 1/4 cup water (more for thinner hummus, or less if you like it thicker)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Jalapeno, seeds removed (you can use less if you are worried about spice level!)
- .5 - 1 avocado (I usually use half, but you can use a whole one and it will be just as good!)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin (or more, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder (or more, to taste)
- dashes Lemon Juice (optional, but helps prevent discoloration of avocado)
- dashes pepper
- Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor (I use a Nutribullet, it is awesome) until blended.
- Serve with chips, pita bread, or sliced veggies, or spread on multigrain toast and top with fresh spinach, a fried egg, and sriracha!