If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a copycat-ish version of a starter they serve at Mattei’s Tavern. It’s a great summer recipe because it’s healthy, it’s fresh and it’s delicious. Mattei’s serves this with fresh wasabi; if you have access to those kinds of riches then please, please share the wealth over my way. —eat-drink-garden
- 3 avocados, semi-firm, and sliced in half.
- 1 tablespoon Tamari Lite
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar (unseasoned)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Fresh horseradish root, grated
- Fire up a grill pan, indoor grill or outdoor BBQ to medium-high heat.
- Mix the tamari, rice wine vinegar and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Place the avocados on the hot grill pan and grill flesh side down for three minutes, then rotate 90 degrees and grill another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place grilled avocado on platter or plate (I set them on a little bed of arugula to help them from sliding around)
- Drizzle the sauce over the avocados and grate horseradish to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados