If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Two of my favorite things are even better together - Yotam & Sami's Basic Hummus Recipe with the added flavor and color of a perfectly ripened Avocado and spices. I originally posted this using canned chickpeas, but remade it with the referenced hummus recipe and found a HUGE difference in flavor.
Serve as a dip with naan strips toasted with a sprinkle of olive oil, cumin and smoked paprika, or as a spread on sandwiches and crostini appetizers. So simple, yet so packed full of flavor and goodness! What's not to love? —marymary
- 1 Big, Beautiful, Ripe Avocado, peeled & pitted
- 3-2/3 cups Yotam & Sami's Basic Hummus Recipe (https://food52.com/recipes/22888-yotam-ottolenghi-sami-tamimi-s-basic-hummus)
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Smoked Paprika for garnish
- Fresh Parsley or Cilantro for garnish
- Start with Yotam Ottolenghi & Sami Tamimi's Basic Hummus Recipe: https://food52.com/recipes/22888-yotam-ottolenghi-sami-tamimi-s-basic-hummus
- Add Avocado, Cumin and Cayenne in the food processor and blend until smooth - 5 minutes..
- Serve in your favorite bowl, garnished with smoked paprika and parsley or cilantro, and a side of freshly toasted naan strips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados