If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first had a similar sandwich called the Avocado Dream 35 years ago at a little lunch shop tucked in the basement of an office high rise in Vienna, Virginial It's still one of my favorite ways to use avocado. —Mary
Makes: 2 sandwiches
Large Ripe Avocado
Heirloom Tomato, cut into thick slices
bunch alfalfa sprouts or spinach
tablespoons Cream Cheese
teaspoons Siracha or other spicy sauce (optional)
Whole Wheat Pita Bread Pockets
- Cut the Pitas in half. Slice tomatoes and avocado.
- Mix cream cheese with Siracha. (optional)
- Spread each inside with cream cheese
- .Add sprouts or spinach, tomato slices, and avocado slices.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados