Author Notes: I first had a similar sandwich called the Avocado Dream 35 years ago at a little lunch shop tucked in the basement of an office high rise in Vienna, Virginial It's still one of my favorite ways to use avocado. —Mary
Makes: 2 sandwiches
Large Ripe Avocado
Heirloom Tomato, cut into thick slices
bunch alfalfa sprouts or spinach
tablespoons Cream Cheese
teaspoons Siracha or other spicy sauce (optional)
Whole Wheat Pita Bread Pockets
- Cut the Pitas in half. Slice tomatoes and avocado.
- Mix cream cheese with Siracha. (optional)
- Spread each inside with cream cheese
- .Add sprouts or spinach, tomato slices, and avocado slices.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados