Author Notes: A fancy, easy dessert for your next summer al fresco dinner. —FirstTimeFoods
a large, seedless watermelon (about 5 cups of watermelon chunks)
tablespoons fresh lime juice
cup alcohol: white rum, vodka, tequila (optional)
In This Recipe
- Dice 1/2 a watermelon into large chunks and place into a blender.
- Measure out the sugar and pour into blender.
- Juice 1 large lime and pour juice into blender.
- Blend until smooth, and pour into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Place in freezer for ~2 hours. As liquid begins to freeze, rake with a fork. Return to freezer and stir every 2 hours, breaking up clumps and creating ice crystals. Rake once more, just before serving.
- Serve in glassware, ice cream cups, or a scooped out watermelon half.
- Can be stored up to 4 days in a covered container in freezer.