If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A fancy, easy dessert for your next summer al fresco dinner. —FirstTimeFoods
- 1/2 a large, seedless watermelon (about 5 cups of watermelon chunks)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup alcohol: white rum, vodka, tequila (optional)
- Dice 1/2 a watermelon into large chunks and place into a blender.
- Measure out the sugar and pour into blender.
- Juice 1 large lime and pour juice into blender.
- Blend until smooth, and pour into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Place in freezer for ~2 hours. As liquid begins to freeze, rake with a fork. Return to freezer and stir every 2 hours, breaking up clumps and creating ice crystals. Rake once more, just before serving.
- Serve in glassware, ice cream cups, or a scooped out watermelon half.
- Can be stored up to 4 days in a covered container in freezer.