If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh cucumber and watermelon salad with sweet roasted corn, feta cheese, and red onion. —Riley Wofford
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 2 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1 hothouse cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Roast the corn for about 30 minutes, until tender. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, shuck and corn and cut the kernels off the cobs. Toss together the corn, watermelon, cucumber, feta, red onion, and basil in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the vinegar and olive oil in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat.