Author Notes: These are ridiculously easy to make, quick and healthy. Great to boost your energy after a workout session or as a snack between meals. It's a recipe that admits a lot of variations and you can add your favorite nuts, some dried fruits, chocolate chips, etc...whatever you desire! —Gemma / Cinnamon Girl
Makes: 12 small balls
very ripe banana
tablespoon pure cocoa powder
tablespoons maple syrup
tablespoons walnuts, chopped
dark chocolate, melted.
dried coconut, shredded.
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF (180 ºC).
- In a small mixing bowl slice the banana and mash it with a fork.
- Add in the oat, cocoa powder, maple syrup and nuts, mix until well combined.
- Spoon dough and form small balls with your hands, or if you prefer you can flatten them out to give them a more cookie-like shape.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes approximately or until the tops begin to brown a little.
- Remove from oven and cover in melted dark chocolate. Sprinkle with shredded coconut and let cool a few minutes before eating.