If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crispy fried plantain chips sprinkled with chili-lime salt. —Riley Wofford
- 2 green plantains
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 lime, zested
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Peel the plantains and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Using a mandoline, slice the plantains as thinly as possible. Stir together the salt, lime zest, and chili powder in a small bowl to combine. Set aside.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into the deep-sided skillet to come about one inch up the side of the pan. Place the oil over medium-high heat, until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350°F. Working in batches, add the plantains to the oil and fry for about 1 minute per side, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and, while the chips are still warm, sprinkle with the chili-lime salt.