If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: During the summer, I find myself craving icy treats that are not too sweet. Often it is an espresso granita with a dollop of whipped or coconut cream. This time I wanted to incorporate the creaminess into the granita which the avocado was perfect for. Half of a peach, ginger liqueur (Barrow's), maple syrup, lime juice and zest sealed the deal.
Being one that loves versatile recipes, this could also double as a smoothie and/or chilled dessert soup.
The scraping of the mixture after frozen to make the granita can be done in the individual cups. Alternatively, the whole mixture can be frozen in a shallow pan and scraped up when frozen and served in dessert cups. —testkitchenette
- 1-1/2 cups coconut water (unsweetened)
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 peach, peeled
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or to your sweetness)
- 1 tablespoon ginger liqueur (I like Barrow's)
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until creamy, about the consistency of a smoothie.
- Pour into molds. I used silicone cupcake liners dropped into a muffin tin. Alternatively, the mixture can be frozen in a shallow pan. Scrape with a fork when frozen, creating a slushy mixture.
- Serve with some fresh summer berries.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados