If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An avocado came in handy as the bowl for this beggar's banquet made from everything I had on hand the last day before grocery shopping. (You know how that is.) It actually turned out to be quite tasty and it's a powerhouse of nutrition! —almacucina
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Spanish onion
- 1/4 cup English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, cubed and boiled
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil, split
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh herbs such as thyme, oregano, rosemary, etc
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- sunflower seeds, wheat germ and/or chia seeds for garnish
- 1 avocado
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions; cool until ready to use
- Sauté onions in 1 tablespoons olive oil until tender; cool.
- In a large bowl combine carrots, cucumber, raisins, onion, sweet potato and quinoa. In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper. Pour over quinoa mixture and toss to coat.
- Cut avocado in half, remove the pit and peel. Plate each half and fill to overflowing with salad. Top with your choice of nuts, seeds, wheat germ or whatever.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados