If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This summer salad is refreshing in its simplicity and quick prep time. It calls for a light simple dressing that doesn't overpower, to showcase the sweet tangyness of the pineapple and the creamy, mild nutiness of the avocado. Serve it on its own as a refreshing afternoon snack or with grilled meats for dinner. —Silvia Nena
- 1 Pineapple, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Avocados, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/8 Small Red Onion, thinly sliced, rinsed and halved (optional)
- 3 tablespoons Canola Oil or other light flavored oil
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar or other light flavored vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalyan Salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Dried Herbs de Provence or Thyme
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients and blend well. Set aside.
- Assemble salad by alternating pineapple and avocado slices on a plate. Sprinkle onion over top, if using.
- Re-whisk dressing ingredients, if they have separated or settled to the bottom. Spoon dressing over top of salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados