Author Notes: AVOCADO'S ARE MAGIC !
So much so, that after being gone From Food 52 for quite a while, I was compelled to share my " one of a kind creation " -calling for the chameleon of all fruits - humble avocado who morphs from savory to sweet while being a super healer due to it's inclusion of Glutathione -( an anti-oxident that helps the body de-tox and heal) ! All hail the mighty Avocado !
Though not totally foreign, the idea of Avocado Ice Cream , mine is unique and different than any other recipe out there because of the combination that incorporates avocados with raspberries. —micki barzilay
4 Medium to Large
tablespoon Lime juice ( fresh squeezed)
cup Half and Half
1 and 1/2
cups Heavy whipped cream ( stiff)
cup sugar ( or sub - honey , maple syrup, agave)
cup Rasberries ( Blackberries and/or Strawberries - optional)
sprigs Mint leaves
- Mash avocados and add lime juice in a glass or ceramic container
- Using a blender or Cuisinart - blend together the Half and Half and Sugar- add in the Heavy Cream then the Avocado- Lime mash- Blend till smooth and thick- pour into a glass or ceramic bowl
- Hand separate the "drupelets" ( the individual juicy little spheres that make up the individual berry) and incorporate them by hand into the mixture - (holding back 4-5 raspberries for garnishing) and refrigerate till mixture is cold-
- Transfer to a freezer safe container and allow to freeze till ready for use or in app 1 hr remove and re-blend - returning to freezer ( this will change the consistency toward gelato vs ice cream-
- When ready to serve remove and let stand for 5 min for ease in creating the perfect scoop. Garnish your serving vessel with mint leaves then place a generous scoop on top and finish with "druplets" and whole Raspberries aux complet ! Bon Appetite !
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados