If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
AVOCADO'S ARE MAGIC !
So much so, that after being absent From Food 52 for quite a while, I was compelled to share " My One of a Kind Creation " -which calls for the chameleon of all fruits - the "Humble Avocado" whose attributes include morphing from savory to sweet , while also being a super healer because of one of it's components- Glutathione -( an anti-oxident that helps the body de-tox and heal ) !
Though not totally foreign the idea of ice cream incorporating fruit or even avocado, but the combination of avocados and raspberries now there's a perfect marriage , a blend - so subtle you won't know what hit you-
Hail to the mighty anti-oxidants Avocados and Raspberries ! Two photos attached to show the difference between the freeze only ( Ice Cream) and the semi -freeze- re-blend-re-freeze ( Gelato consistancy)- You decide !
- 4 large Avocados
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice ( fresh squeezed)
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 2 cups Heavy Whipped Cream
- 3/4 cup Sugar ( or sub - Honey, Maple Syrup, Xyilitol)
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 2 sprigs Mint leaves
- Mash avocados and add lime juice in a glass or ceramic container
- Using a blender or Cuisinart - blend together the Half and Half and Sugar- add the Heavy Cream then follow with the Avocado- Lime mash- Blend till smooth and thick-return to the bowl- hand incorporate "druplets" ( the little juicy spheres that make up the berry ) then refrigerate till cold -
- Transfer to a freezer safe container and let freeze till ready to serve or in 1 hr you can remove, re-blend, return to freezer ( thus creating more of a gelato than ice cream)
- When ready to serve - let stand for 5 min so you are able to create the perfect scoop ! Garnish the serving vessel with Mint Leaves and drizzle with "druplets" and whole raspberries - aux complet ! Bon Appetite !
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados