If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love using avocado as a sandwich spread in lieu of butter or mayonnaise, but what if you could elevate avocado to a healthier alternative of this steakhouse staple? This easy peasy recipe highlights the creaminess of avocado and infuses it with bright and herbacious flavors of lemon and basil. The butter is great spread over hot-from-the-oven bread, and would also be excellent served over a grilled fish or meat.
Adapted from: http://www.foodnetwork... —lulugourmande
Makes 8 ounces butter
ounces avocado flesh (about 2 small avocados)
tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Zest of one lemon
tablespoons chopped fresh basil
ounces unsalted butter, softened
cloves of garlic, minced
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Peel and pit the avocados
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and process until well combined
- Place mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper and shape into a log by folding parchment paper over and pressing lightly against the mixture with a sheet pan or other long, flat object until the butter is of the desired length and width (I shoot for approximately the width of a stick of butter).
- Place in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours to solidify before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
More Great Recipes: