If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 cups all purpose flour plus extra for rolling
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 zucchini, cut in half and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 handful mint
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Parmesan cheese
- A dollop of ricotta
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Combine the diced avocados, egg, lemon juice, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, and 1 cup of flour in a bowl. It will be messy at first but slowly add in more flour until a workable dough is formed.
- Turn the dough out onto a flat surface. Be sure to flour the surface. Cut the dough into 4 pieces and roll each one out into a long tube about the size of a hot dog.
- With a knife, cut each tube of dough into 1 inch pieces.
- Get a pot of salted water to a boil.
- When the water is about to boil, get a pan hot over high heat. Add the olive oil and butter to the pan. Saute the slices of cucumber in the pan till just soft.
- When the water begins to boil, add the gnocchi. They are done when they start floating to the top but be sure to let it sit there for another minute.
- With a slotted spoon, scoop the gnocchi into a bowl. Add the buttery cucumber to the gnocchi. Grate parmesan cheese into the cucumber gnocchi mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to mix everything together.
- Serve the gnocchi with a dollop of ricotta, mint leaves, and extra parmesan cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
More Great Recipes: