If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A family favorite..Eggs swimming in coconut sauce, eaten with rice...easy to make and delicious. —nykavi
- 3 Eggs
- 1 White Onion
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 2 Ginger slices
- 5 Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- Hardboil eggs by placing them a saucepan, cover with cold water and cook for 10 minutes till done. Drain eggs, cool and peel them .
- Peel and chop onion into small dice.
- Heat canola oil in a saucepan . When the oil shimmers, add mustard and fennel seeds. Let the seeds splutter for 10 seconds, then add ginger, curry leaves and onions. Sauté onions for 5 minutes till translucent and soft.
- Sprinkle in powdered spices, salt and stir to mix.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a low boil.
- Cut eggs vertically in half and slide them into curry. Let eggs simmer for a few minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve .
- Egg curry to arrives very well with a bowl of hot cooked rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner