If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Freshly grilled pineapple gives this yummy punch an aura of the tropics, while a dose of ginger liqueur gives it a little zing. Wow the guests at your next summer get-together with this easy but impressive—and more important, tasty—cocktail. —The Weiser Kitchen
- 1 whole pineapple, peeled and cored, cut lengthwise into 1- to 1½ inch wide spears
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) ginger liqueur, Barrow's Intense Ginger Liqueur preferred
- 1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) rum
- Juice of 3 limes (about 2 tablespoons plus 1½ teaspoons
- Ice cubes
- Preheat the grill to medium. Spray the pineapple spears with nonstick vegetable oil spray and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Place the pineapple on the grill, and cook for 35 to 40 seconds and, with tongs, rotate (do not turn over) a quarter of a turn to create pretty grill marks. Cook for another 45 seconds, turn over and repeat to create grill marks on the other side. With tongs, transfer to a platter. Skewer and set aside.
- In a pitcher, combine the pineapple juice, ginger liqueur, rum, and lime juice and stir well to blend. Add at least 2 cups (and up to 6 cups) of ice cubes, pour into glasses and garnish with the skewered pineapple, placing it inside the glass.