If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What’s better than an icy cold slice of watermelon on a hot day? An icy cold frozen watermelon margarita! Allow at least 30 minutes to freeze the watermelon. Or, if you want to prepare ahead of time, freeze it for up to 24 hours before you assemble the cocktail. —The Weiser Kitchen
- 1/4 medium seedless watermelon, cut into 2-inch cubes or 1-inch melon balls (about 4 cups)
- 4 fresh limes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Tequila, Anejo- or Reposado-style preferred, from Mexico
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 8 fresh mint leaves, cut in chiffonade, for garnish
- Freeze the watermelon for about 30 minutes, until solid. (This can be done up to 24 hours ahead of time.)
- Meanwhile, zest the limes, cutting long, thin sections to use as garnish, and set them aside. Juice the limes. (You’ll need about 3 tablespoons of juice.)
- Place the frozen watermelon chunks into a blender. Add the lime juice, Tequila, and agave nectar and blend well.
- Pour into margarita glasses and decorate with the lime zest and mint. Serve immediately.