If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A favorite summer cocktail gets an Asian accent with the addition of sake and yuzu juice. Honeydew and Persian cucumber make it a refreshing quaff; allow 30 minutes for the melon and cucumber to freeze. —The Weiser Kitchen
- 1/4 medium honeydew, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 2 cups)
- 2 Persian cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vodka
- 2 tablespoons yuzu juice or juice of 3 lemons
- 1/4 cup sweetened lime juice
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) sake, Honjozo-shu or Junmai-shu preferred
- Freeze the honeydew chunks and cucumber. This will take about 30 minutes.
- Combine the vodka, yuzu or lemon juice, sweetened lime juice and sake in a blender and blend just to combine. Add the frozen cucumbers and honeydew chunks and blend until smooth. Divide evenly between 4 glasses and serve immediately.