I looove this southeast Asian marinade (it would be great on chicken or pork, too). It’s super flavorful and it blends up in minutes. This meal is healthy, lean protein, low fat AND and a beautiful presentation…the perfect meal for your summer evening! —Lieslicious
- Serves 4
lemongrass - tender inner stalks, roughly chopped
cloves garlic - roughly chopped
ginger - roughly chopped
rice wine vinegar
cilatro - roughly chopped
kosher salt + fresh ground pepper
limes - halved
Aleppo pepper (optional)
- In a mini food processor or blender, combine the lemongrass, garlic, ginger, olive oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, vinegar, sambal oelek, and cilantro. Blend until smooth.
- Place swordfish in a medium glass bowl. Pour marinade over fish, cover, and place in refrigerator for at least one hour, up to 3 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat your grill on high for at least 10 minutes. Thread fish onto skewers leaving a little space between pieces of fish. Season liberally with kosher salt & pepper. (note: if using bamboo skewers, soak them in water at least a half hour before using)
- Turn grill heat to medium high and oil grill grates. Place fish on grill and cook, with lid closed, a total of 6 minutes, rotating every couple of minutes to cook evenly. While cooking fish, place lime halves, cut side down, on grill and cook 3-4 minutes, without moving, until grill marks appear.
- Remove fish and limes from grill. To serve, squeeze limes over fish & sprinkle with Aleppo pepper, if desired.