Author Notes: Here’s an easy dessert that bursts with the flavor of summer and doesn’t require firing up your oven. Ahhhhh, easy. Allow at least 15 minutes to chill the crust. Serve the tart chilled or at room temperature as soon as it’s made. It’s a fun project for kids—and they will gobble it up!
Graham Cracker Crust
cups graham cracker crumbs (about 1 sleeve)
sticks unsalted butter, melted
Marshmallow-Cream Cheese Filling & Glaze
cups cream cheese, room temperature
cups marshmallow cream, natural, homemade or vegan preferred
Zest and juice of 2
cups hulled strawberries, cut into ⅛- to ¼-inch slices
cup lime marmalade
- Make the crust: Place the graham cracker crumbs into the bowl of a food processor, add the butter, and process for about 10 seconds, until smooth, but not paste. This can also be done easily by hand.
- Press the graham cracker mixture in the bottoms and up the sides of 8 (4-inch) mini-tart pans. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Make the filling: Spray a mixing bowl with nonstick vegetable oil spray, combine the marshmallow, cream cheese, lime juice, and zest. Blend with a wooden spoon until thoroughly incorporated. Transfer the filling into the chilled graham cracker crusts.
- Arrange the strawberries and blackberries in a decorative pattern on top of the filling.
- Melt the lime marmalade and water in the microwave (for about 10 seconds) or in a small saucepan set over medium heat, and pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a heatproof measuring cup with a spout. Gently pour the glaze over the fruit on the tart and let stand until set. The tarts can be refrigerated and served chilled or at room temperature and is best served the day it is made. The sooner, the better.