If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This mango lime mojito sorbet is a refreshing pareve sweet with a Latin flair. Allow enough time for the sorbet to solidify.
—The Weiser Kitchen
- 6 medium or 5 very large ripe mangoes, preferably champagne
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses or dark rum
- 12 large fresh mint leaves
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
- Peel and dice the mangoes into 1-inch chunks and place into a medium-sized saucepan set over medium heat. Add the coconut water, sugar, molasses, mint, and basil and mix well. Cook until the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for about 20 minutes, until the mangoes are completely soft.
- Remove from the heat, scoop the mixture into a fine-mesh strainer set over a bowl and press and mash to get all the liquid through. Transfer to a container, cover, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, until completely chilled.
- Place the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Freeze until solid. This sorbet will keep for 3 weeks.