If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With the tang of tart greek yogurt, the creamy richness of cheesecake and intensely flavored strawberries, this is one ice cream you won't forget.
—The Weiser Kitchen
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Hull the strawberries and cut in halves (or quarters if they are very large).
- Place a Silpat on a baking sheet. Then spread the berries onto the sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and reduce the heat to 300°F.
- Stir the strawberries with a soft, heat-resistant spatula, sprinkling the confectioners’ sugar over the berries as you mix.
- Return the berries to the oven and cook until they collapse, about 10 to 15 minutes. The juices should run out and around the pan.
- Remove and transfer to a small heatproof bowl to cool. Gently stir the strawberries and liquid from time to time. The juices will begin to thicken, similar to a jam.
Ice Cream Base
- 1 package (232 grams) cream cheese, room temperature and very soft
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk or light cream
- 1/2 package (113 grams) Greek yogurt cream cheese, room temperature and very soft
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup vanilla greek yogurt, room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup mascarpone, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine the ice cream ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Mix until everything is incorporated and there are no lumps remaining, about 2 to 3 minutes. If necessary, this mixture can be refrigerated overnight, while the ice cream maker’s freezer bowl freezes.
- Spin the ice cream according to the manufacturer’s directions, about 20 minutes.
- The ice cream will begin to thicken. At this point, remove it from the freezer bowl.
- Spread it evenly in a casserole dish and pour the strawberry mixture evenly over the top.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently swirl the mixture through the ice cream to combine the two.
- Cover with parchment paper. Lightly push down on the paper to remove any air pockets and prevent freezer burn.
- Freeze overnight, then enjoy.