If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Flaky homemade turnovers filled with lemony blueberries and fresh rhubarb. —Riley Wofford
Makes 8 turnovers
- 1 cup diced fresh rhubarb
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 (17 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss together the rhubarb, blueberries, sugar, flour, lemon zest, salt, cinnamon, and cardamom in a large bowl to combine.
- Place one sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface and roll out to a 12-inch square. Cut into 4 smaller squares. Distribute some of the rhubarb mixture in the center of each square of dough and fold the pastry over the fruit to form a triangle. Seal the edges with the tines of a fork. Brush the tops with the egg wash and cut a slit in the top of each turnover. Place on the prepared baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining puff pastry and rhubarb filling.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until golden brown all over. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.