If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Great summer Schnitzel. —MarieGlobetrotter
- 1 1/2 cups apricots
- 1 1/2 cups peaches
- 2 garlic cloves
- 7-8 sprigs thyme
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 3-4 cups Ratte Potatoes
- 4 thin veal cutlets
- 2-3 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons Butter for cooking
- Cut the apricots and peaches in two, remove the stone and cut into small slices. Thinly slice the garlic cloves. For the thyme, remove leaves from the stems then stir garlic and half of the thyme leaves of it into the honey. Spread or brush the honey on the apricots and peaches. Set aside.
- Place the veal cutlers under a plastic wrap and flatten it slightly. Flavor with salt and pepper, and coat with flour. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In another bowl, combine almonds and breadcrumbs. Dip the veal cutlets in the egg mixture, allow the excess to drip off, then dip into breadcrumbs and almond mixture.
- Wash the potatoes, do not peel them. Heat some olive oil in a pan and roast the potatoes. Add some thyme and coarse sea salt.
- In a separate pan, heat the olive oil and gently cook the apricots and peaches for 3-4 minutes,stirring often.
- Finally, in a third pan, melt the butter and cook the Schnitzels for ca. 2 minutes on both sides or until golden. Once they are ready, place the Schnitzel on kitchen towels to remove the excess fat.
- Serve the Schnitzel with the apricots and peaches mixture, and the roasted potatoes.