If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had beans in the fridge, and chips in the pantry. —Nancy Nicole
- 3 1/2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce, or stewed tomatoes
- 1-2 dashes picante and/or tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground New Mexican chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small serrano pepper, minced
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 scallions, white and pale green parts - finely chopped
- freshly chopped cilantro (optional)
- sliced black olive (optional)
- Add first seven ingredients (beans through sea salt) to a food processor, and pulse until almost smooth (just a little chunky)
- Heat olive oil in a in a heavy skillet; add pean puree, and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, for 3-5 minutes
- Stir in green onions, and cook for another minute more
- Remove from heat; spoon into a serving bowl and let cool until warm; garnish with cilantro and olive, if desired.