If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A zingy trio of coconut products – flour, oil, and cream – are united in a single, delicious breakfast treat. Next, they are married with fresh summer raspberries to create the perfect scone. —thebunalsorises
Makes 8 scones
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind -- even almond and soy work great!)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 scant handfuls fresh raspberries
- turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together both flours, baking powder, both sugars, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add butter and coconut oil. Massage into flour mixture until a crumbly, lumpy meal forms. Add milk, coconut cream, and vanilla, mixing with a rubber spatula until a dough forms.
- Dump out onto a well-floured surface and pat dough into a circle. Sprinkle a scant handful of raspberries on one half of the circle. Fold the dough over, sandwiching the raspberries in the middle. Pat into a circle again and repeat with second scant handful of raspberries.
- Cut dough circle into eight triangles and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with additional milk and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake for 15-18 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through cooking. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe