If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's the height of blueberry season - and NJ Blueberries are here! I wanted to create a non-dairy delicious frozen dessert that would let the blueberries play front and center. —Ann Goldman
Makes 5-6 cups
- 1 can 13.5 oz coconut milk (low fat is ok)
- 8 ounces coconut water
- 2 pints blueberries (divided into 1.5 pints and .5 pint)
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons vodka (optional)
- Work with chilled coconut milk, coconut water and blueberries
- In the bowl of a food processor, process 1.5 pints blueberries, coconut water, sugar and vanilla
- Pour into a bowl and mix in the coconut milk and remaining blueberries. Add the vodka. Mix with a spoon. The mix is ready to process.
- Cover and chill the mixture if you are not planning to process (it will hold well for up to a day in the fridge), otherwise, pour into the bowl of an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Store in the freezer in a covered bowl. The sorbet will remain "scoopable" with the addition of the vodka. If you skip the vodka, allow it to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving.