Author Notes: Blueberries & slightly overripe papaya are baked in brown sugar & cinnamon, resulting in a jam-like texture, and is topped with a healthy and filling crumble topping containing almonds, chia seeds and oats. Although this seems like a dessert on first look, it can easily work as a breakfast, a light lunch or even as dinner itself. —Indira @ illcookyouwash
For the Topping
cup Almonds, roughly chopped
tablespoon Chia seeds
tablespoons pure Maple Syrup (preferable Grade A)
tablespoons Multigrain Flour
For the Filling
cup Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
cup slightly overripe Papaya, diced
teaspoon Brown Sugar
- To make the topping: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Combine all filling ingredients in bowl and stir until everything is evenly coated with sugar and cinnamon.
- Place in 3-4 ramekins and sprinkle a generous amount of the topping until fully covered. None of the filling should be visible.
- Loosely cover each ramekin with foil and bake in preheated over for 30 minutes, removing the foil after 20 minutes to allow the top to brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe