If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This compote makes a great addition to breakfast, brunch or dessert. The berries are fresh, warm and meld together perfectly in their tart sweet juices. Top pancakes, biscuits, scones, ice cream and short cake. // Refrigerate leftovers and spread on your morning toast. —Courtney Elizabeth
- 2 cups fresh Berries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the mixed berries, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Saute the mixture, stirring often, until the berries begin to break down and release their juices, around 8 minutes. Mixture will become bubbly and begin to slightly thicken. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe