If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Italian food is among some of the best food out there, and since I have a major sweet tooth, nothing sounds quite as good to me as a great basic Italian dessert. Panna cotta (when made correctly) is simply divine. Cool, creamy, and flavorful, it has a silky texture that just melts in your mouth. Today on my adventure through the kitchen, I came across a bottle of passionfruit preserves and knew I had to use it somehow. I'm not sure how panna cotta or coconut came into play, but they did, and this is the result. —The Narwhalcookie
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin (1/4 oz)
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup passion fruit preserves
- In a small bowl, add half of the gelatin packet to 1/6 cup of milk and set aside. Combine 1 1/4 c. half/half with 1/6 c. of sugar and coconut in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour the gelatin/milk mixture into the saucepan and whisk until dissolved. Cook for 1 minute, remove from heat, add 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract, and stir. Let sit for a minute before dividing the mixture equally between 6 ramekin dishes, martini glasses, or whatever kind of glass that would be convenient. Cover with plastic wrap and let cool in the refrigerator for one hour.
- In the small bowl, add the remaining gelatin to 1/6 cup of milk and set aside. Combine 1 1/4 c. half/half with 1/6 c. of sugar and passion fruit preserves in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour the gelatin/milk mixture into the saucepan and whisk until dissolved. Cook for 1 minute, remove from heat, add 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, and stir. Let cool for a minute. Pour this mixture over the coconut layer in each of the panna cottas. Cover again with plastic wrap and let harden in the fridge for several hours before serving.
More Great Recipes: