If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Won't you galette me have dessert? Well you certainly can and with this recipe you will be berry happy! —Melissa Schwimmer
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Cornmeal
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar plus some for sprinkling
- 1 Stick of butter (cold and cut into smells chunks)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon for sprinkling
- 4 tablespoons Water
- 1/2 Pint of blueberries
- 2 Medium to large peaches
- 1/2 Of a lemon's juice
- 3 teaspoons Pumpkin pie spice (clove, ginger, cinnamon, allspice)
- 1 teaspoon Extra cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- For the crust combine all the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- With a potato masher, fork, or food processor add the cut up chunks of cold butter and combine until it's incorporated and looks like pebbles in the dry ingredients.
- To the butter and dry ingredients add the water and roll the dough into a ball. Flatten and wrap in Saran wrap. Allow to sit in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Combine the peach slices, blueberries and all the other ingredients for the filling in a bowl and let rest in the fridge while the crust rests.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Roll out the dough on parchment until about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Place the fruit mixture in the center omitting any extra liquid from the bowl . Wrap the sides of the dough up to the middle. Allow some of the fruit to be seen on top.Moisten the outer rim of the crust with water or egg and sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon and place back in the fridge for 10 minutes. Bake for 40 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the fruit is bubbly and silky.
- Remove and let cool and serve with some honey chili whip cream or vanilla ice cream. I hope you enjoy berry much!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe