If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When life gives you lemons and moscato, you make moscato lemon curd. I thought nothing could be better than classic lemon curd, but I was wrong. The touch of white moscato in this version takes it to a whole new level. For this simple summer tart, I just spread the curd into a prepared tart crust and topped with fresh strawberries. It tastes like strawberry lemonade, in a tart, with a moscato twist. —foxeslovelemons
Moscato Lemon Curd
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 large whole eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons white moscato
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 prepared tart or pie shell
- 12 ounces strawberries, hulled
- Make the Lemon Curd: In small saucepan, whisk together egg yolks, eggs, sugar, lemon juice and zest, and moscato. Cook over medium heat 7 to 8 minutes or until mixture is thick enough to coat spoon; whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter a few cubes at a time, stirring until incorporated after each addition. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a storage container. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 1 week before using.
- Make the Strawberry Tart: Spread chilled Moscato Lemon Curd in prepared tart crust (you may have a little bit of curd left over; reserve for another use). Top with strawberries, hulled side down. This tart is best served immediately after assembly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe