If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ginger, mint and cardamom lend an indian accent to this dish. It can be served as a dessert or even at brunch. I buy small amounts of crystalized ginger and cardamom from the bulk section at the market, ensuring freshness. Keep the blueberries whole as pectin from the berry can create an off-putting texture when mixed with dairy. —brisketandbagels.com
- 4 peaches halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup whole blueberries
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 5 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 teaspoons crystalized ginger minced
- 8 mint leaves torn into small pieces
- Slice off a small portion of the skin-side of the peach which allow the peach to be more stable when plated. Heat a grill or grill-pan to high. Brush flesh side of peaches with oil and grill flesh-side down till marked but still firm.
- Combine the blueberries, ricotta, one tsp honey, vanilla and cardamom.
- Equally dived the cheese mixture and spoon onto the peach halves. Top peach halves with 1 tsp each of crystalized ginger and honey. Garnish with torn mint.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe