If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Strawberries and basil together in a crunchy cornmeal crust that takes no effort to make! Perfect for the summer. Filling recipe adapted from https://food52.com/recipes/5660-strawberry-basil-tart-with-avocado-ice-cream —happyxbelly
- 1.5 cups flour
- 0.5 cups fine cornmeal
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 125 grams butter, cold, diced into small cubes
- 2 large yolks, whisked with 3 tbsp ice water
- 400 grams strawberries, sliced
- 0.5 cups basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 0.5 cups limoncello
- 0.5 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Make the Crust Mix flour, cornmeal, salt and sugar together. Mix in the cubes of butter until it resembles bread crumbs, then mix in the egg yolks. Don’t overwork it, just form a dough and press flat and wrap in cling film. Chill in fridge for at least half an hour.
- Filling Mix the remaining ingredients together and let sit for at least an hour.
- Assembly Preheat oven to 180C. Roll out the dough and cut it into 6 equal portions. Divide the strawberry mixture into 6 portions as well and place each portion onto the center each piece of dough. Reserve the liquid Fold the dough around the strawberries leaving a hole in the middle – don’t worry about being neat, it’s a free form pie. Pour the remaining liquid from the strawberries into all the pies. Bake for 20-30 minutes until crust is golden.