Author Notes: I have altered the classic a little, swapping Prosecco for the usual Champagne and adding a blackberry syrup rather than simple syrup. The blackberries make the cocktail feel extra summery to me and turn the cocktails a lovely ruby jewel tone. —Stephanieji
Food52 Review: This cocktail - Blackberry French 75 - is a flute full of contradictions. Sunkissed blackberries taste like summer while the juniper-laced gin adds a bitter hint of winter. But instead of opposites that compete, the ingredients mesh to create a sweetly potent bubbling libation. —CamillaMMann
Serves: 6 to 8
cup lemon juice
9 to 12
- Mix lemon juice, 1/4 cup water, and sugar over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, combine sugar syrup and blackberries and process until blackberries are fully puréed. Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- In Champagne flutes or coupe glasses, pour one shot of gin and one shot of lemon-blackberry syrup, and fill up the rest of the glass with Prosecco.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe